What is the MIMU?
The MIMU is a common information exchange service for the humanitarian and development communities, supporting coordination, collection, processing, analysis and dissemination of information. It is part of the Office of the Resident/Humanitarian Coordinator (RC/HC), and supports analysis and decision-making by the UN RC/HC, Humanitarian Country Team (HCT) partners, the UN Country Team and other actors both inside and outside of Myanmar. The MIMU is governed by an Advisory Board which represents the interests of the HCT membership, Myanmar NGOs and donors.
The MIMU’s Products and Services
- Central Information Hub for data, information and maps relevant to the humanitarian and development sectors for the whole of the country
- Who, What, Where information (3W database) compilation and management
- Data repository of existing relevant documents and datasets, tracking of 177 indicators on available information down to Township level to support planning and monitoring
- Information products to support analysis and planning, scenario development, contingency planning, and the identification of trends and humanitarian risks
- Maps – provision of a wide variety of mapping products to support planning, analysis and coordination
- P-codes and Standard Place Names - Unique reference codes and standardized for over 67,000 locations across Myanmar
- Training – GPS training in Myanmar, Karen and English; database and GIS training
- Dissemination Tools – Website (http://www.themimu.info), CD ROMs, Resource Centres
- Technical support in database development and management, GPS, GIS, data collection, assessments
The MIMU’s services are provided free-of-charge due to the support of our donor, ECHO.
How you can contribute to the MIMU:
Help us keep the information up-to-date ad relevant by sharing:
- Data (projects, activities, population, geo-data on village locations, etc…)
- Assessment results and reports
- General humanitarian and development reports for Myanmar
- Agency/organization contacts, meeting schedules and minutes, events, vacancies etc
- Your suggestions on how our services can better support humanitarian and development activities
To contact us:
Address: 1st Floor, Inya Lake Hotel 37 Kaba Aye Pagoda Road Yangon, Myanmar
Phone: + 95 (1) 662866, 662857- 59 ext: 103