About Myanmar DRR Working Group Information Portal
The Myanmar DRR Working Group Information Portal is a One-Stop Online Platform for Disaster Risk Reduction [DRR] Information related to Myanmar. Within the domain of DRR, the overall objective is to Provide overview of DRR in Myanmar including hazard profile, national DRR framework and institutional arrangements, to Promote exchange of information on who is doing what and where and to Serve as repository of documents and good practices.
Development and maintenance of the Portal: The Portal has been jointly developed by the Malteser International and ADPC in partnership with MIMU and the DRR Working Group, Myanmar with funding support from the European Commission Humanitarian Aid and Civil Protection Department [ECHO] through its Disaster Preparedness Programme [DIPECHO].
The Portal is part and parcel of the DRR sectoral section of the MIMU website. A Technical Working Group comprising Relief and Resettlement Department, Government of Myanmar; MIMU; Action Aid; UN-Habitat; Civil Society Forum on DRR Representative; Malteser International and ADPC was constituted to guide the development of the Portal and this Group manages contents of the Portal while MIMU manages the technical aspects. The Technical Working Group reports to the DRR Working Group at periodic interval and membership of the Technical Working Group is purely on voluntary basis.
Serve as an Online Platform for information exchange on DRR in Myanmar
Repository of DRR related Documents, Good Practices, Meeting Minutes, Presentations, Awareness generation tools
Updates on DRR related Events and Meetings
Share list of DRR Agencies and Networks in Myanmar with contact details
Source of DRR Projects in Myanmar with related details and brief description
Provide a snapshot of the DRR Landscape of Myanmar including hazard profile, nation DRR framework and institutional arrangements
Apart from serving as a platform for knowledge and information sharing, the DRR Working Group Information Portal would also serve as an online channel to facilitate and improve coordination on DRR interventions.
The following step-wise approach has been undertaken for the Portal development process:
- Web requirement analysis workshop for initial consultation with DRR agencies and potential users to identify requirement for system development
- Constitution of a working group to guide process
- Series of consultation with MIMU, DRR Working Group, Relief and Resettlement Department, Government of Myanmar
- Prototype development/functional analysis
- Technical consultation with the working group to receive user feedbacks and comments in development stage
- Application development and Application Testing
- Launch-cum-Usage Training Workshop
Contents of the Portal include:
- Myanmar DRR Landscape - Featuring overview of Myanmar, Hazard Profile, National Framework and Institutional Arrangements for DRR, Agencies working towards DRR in the country including Government Agencies, DRR Working Group, NGOs, and Civil Society Forum for DRR.
- Online Resources – A repository of Documents, Publications, and IEC (Information, Education and Communication) Materials (leaflets, pamphlets and brochures), Meeting Minutes, Presentations, 3W and Maps with search options for customized information.
- DRR Projects – Comprehensive list of DRR Projects undertaken in Myanmar by various agencies with brief project description and relevant information including lead agencies, donor agencies, project status, funding, duration and outputs from the DRR Project Portal
- Meetings and Events – Providing quick link to UN-Habitat’s DRR-DIAS Myanmar for Updates on DRR meetings and events schedules
- List of DRR related Agencies in Myanmar and contact details
- Weather Information – Access to the website of Department of Meteorology and Hydrology of Myanmar for Weather Updates
- Links – Provide links to a range of DRR websites